Applications and Admissions
The deadline for receipt of all graduate program application materials (including GRE scores) is December 1 for admission the following Fall semester. Be sure that all submitted materials are prepared in professional manner and clearly identifiable with your full name.
Please Note: As the graduate application process is rigorous, and admissions competitive, we strongly encourage that you review the Prospective Student information thoroughly before beginning the process.
1. Graduate Division Requirements
You must complete the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa Graduate Division Application.
- Online Application: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/submitting-your-application or
- Paper Application: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/forms
In addition to the application form, you will also need to submit the following to the Graduate Division:
- An official transcript from each of your previous post-secondary educational institutions
- Official GRE scores:
The Educational Testing Service [ETS] code for the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa is 4867
- A Residency Declaration Form, evidence of English language proficiency, and Confidential Financial Statement may be required from some applicants
- The Graduate Division application fee
Please Note: Additional Graduate Division requirements may exist. Be sure to comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures posted on the Graduate Division website.
2. Department of Psychology Requirements
The following items must be submitted directly to the Department of Psychology:
- Completed Graduate Program Supplemental Information Form (pdf)
- A clear statement of your objectives - Use the Statement of Objectives Form (pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation - Use the Departmental Recommendation Form (pdf)
- A copy of your unofficial transcript(s)
- A copy of your resume
3. Graduate Program Admissions
The following provides a timeline of graduate program admissions:
- Applicants are generally notified in mid-February to early March as to whether they have been accepted.
- Applicants have until April 15th to notify the department of their decision to accept or reject admission.
- In some cases an applicant may be wait-listed and final notification of acceptance or denial may not occur until early April.
Please Note: All general inquiries from those considering graduate study in the Department of Psychology should be directed to: email@example.com.